Thursday, April 9, 2009

What to Expect when YOU are expecting??

I am truly amazed these days what types of materials and the load of advice out there.  When I first learned I was going to be a dad in oh 40 weeks I decided that I would hit up amazon and do some book searching.  

I didn't want to go and just read the typical what to expect book, and let me tell you there are so many of those! So I went and looked for books that were written by guys for guys.  Do I want to know what is going on inside the body of my beautiful wife, of course I do.  Do I want to know every little minute, no not really.  I wanted to know how to make it out of this whole birthing thing alive!  

I decided to buy this book called "The Guy's Guild to Surviving Pregnancy. Childbirth, and the First Years of Fatherhood." By Michael Crider

This was a great book.  One of the first things that I have already noticed is the word "Normal."
When you get pregnant people start throwing this word around like its candy.  Well lets just be honest, the word "normal" when applied to pregnancy is just wrong.  No matter where you look if there is something weird happening and you don't know what is going on you check the net and get 20 different answers that all claim a different cause then tell you "its Normal" 

That just totally freaks me out because nothing is "Normal" ever again and everyone who has been in this situation and keeps telling you "this is normal" knows it isn't.  

Well we are about 8 weeks now and getting so close to day we hear the heartbeat.  I can't wait.  For me these past weeks have been filled with constant shuffling from this isn't happening to I can't wait till he/she (secretly hoping for a he) to get here.  All I do know is that I pray everyday for this miracle growing in my wife's belly and I think God for the blessing he has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment